Iterating through two lists

Oleg Broytmann phd at phd.pp.ru
Fri May 24 07:55:45 EDT 2002

On Fri, May 24, 2002 at 01:40:40PM +0200, jb wrote:
> Thx. Have you read by any chance Paul Graham's article at
> http://www.paulgraham.com/icad.html ? He makes a few remarks as to how

   Just yesterday I was visiting his page and reading his articles. He is
one of the clearest thinkers and writers I've ever saw.

> Python is not (yet) sufficient, if I understod correctly. I should be
> intrested in a Python expert's opinion on this.

   Well, rough (if not rude) approximation of his idea is "Python is still
not List, and thus is not yet sufficient." Yes, he definitely has good
reasons to admire Lisp, but other people may disagree with the idea
"whatever is not Lisp is not sufficient". I strongly disagree on practical
reason - Python is not my first or my only language (I was using a lot of
languages - Fortran, C, Pascal, Perl, assemblers of different processors),
and of this list Perl was the ugliest language I used, I have too much
problems programming... well, better to say "trying to program in it" -
and Python is the most beutiful, the most elegant language, it allows me to
program in the most efficient way.
   Sapienti sat.

Oleg.
     Oleg Broytmann            http://phd.pp.ru/            phd at phd.pp.ru