accessing serial/parallel port from Python

Cliff Wells logiplexsoftware at earthlink.net
Fri May 10 14:19:47 EDT 2002

On Fri, 10 May 2002 18:04:57 +0000 (UTC)
Nick Evans wrote:

> Hello group,
>
>                 Could anyone tell me if it is possable to access the
> Physical ports of a computer from python. I have a few electronic projects
> that i originally wrote programes in QBasic to access them, but i would like
> to start using python.

For serial ports take a look at uspp:

http://balder.prohosting.com/ibarona/en/python/uspp/uspp_en.html

Note that the problem mentioned at the end regarding the inWaiting() function
on Linux has a fix (Isaac sent it to me, but apparently it hasn't made it into
the distribution yet or the web page is out of date).

Regards,

--
Cliff Wells, Software Engineer
Logiplex Corporation (www.logiplex.net)