Why no open(f, "w").write()?

Michael P. Soulier msoulier at nortelnetworks.com_.nospam
Fri May 31 21:23:42 EDT 2002

On Fri, 31 May 2002 22:55:04 +1200, John La Rooy <larooy at xtar.co.nz> wrote:

> Do you explicitly del all your objects too, or wait for them to disappear
> when they go out of scope?

    I only delete them in C++. ;-) Your point is taken, but we must draw the
line somewhere. If you don't care when the file is closed, as long as it is,
then implicit should be fine. If however you do care when it is closed, then
explicit should be better, no?

    Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier, QX41, SKY  Tel: 613-765-4699 (ESN: 39-54699)
Optical Networks, Nortel Networks, SDE Pegasus