streaming audio

Rob Brown-Bayliss rob at zoism.org
Mon May 6 07:05:18 EDT 2002

On Mon, 2002-05-06 at 16:57, Peter Hansen wrote:

> > I want to create an app to stream audio around a LAN and really have
> > know Idea on where to start.
>
> Is it fair to assume you are planning to do this in Python?

Yes, thats more than Fair.  What I want is to create a digital audio
system for my home rather than pay a truck load of money for what is
essentially a hard disk and a lcd screen.

For example I recently priced a system here in New Zealand at approx
$4000 per room plus the main control unit which is  $40,000 (yes forty)
for 150gig drive and only 8 outputs, that is only 8 rooms can be run
from it, do the math: $72,000, or in US dollars US$32,400

I figure I can stor all my CDs in full quality (not mp3) and set it up
for way less than this, but so far all I see avaialbe are mp3 servers...

--

  R  Brown-Bayliss