"One Bullet is never enough" Paper

David K. Trudgett dkt at registriesltd.com.au
Tue May 21 00:33:54 EDT 2002

On Monday 2002-05-20 at 21:14:08 -0700, James J. Besemer wrote:

> It is so much more informative and thought provoking than the usual
> mindless, childish MS-bashing that usually goes on here.

Argumentum ad hominis, as you do here by name-calling, doesn't serve
any useful purpose (except insofar as it is useful to metaphorically
bludgeon those who express an opinion that differs from the
intellectual aggressor).

People should be able to express facts and opinions, even strong ones,
without being labeled "childish" and "mindless". Not everyone has
hours of free time to write long diatribes in support of their
position (and good on those who do).

For those who think the sun shines out of corporate behemoths like
Microsoft, a simple statement of disagreement, perhaps with a few
actual reasons for it, might suffice, I should think.

Out.

David Trudgett