remove read only flag

Lemniscate d_blade8 at hotmail.com
Thu May 2 12:47:27 EDT 2002

Cliff Wells <logiplexsoftware at earthlink.net> wrote in message news:<mailman.1020286325.6919.python-list at python.org>...
> On 1 May 2002 13:36:13 -0700

> os.chmod(filename, 644) works on Win2k, provided of course you own the file or
> otherwise have adequate permissions to alter it.  If you don't have those
> permissions then I don't see how using attrib is going to get around that.
>
> Unless-it's-another-Windows-security-hole'ly yrs,

No, not another security hole; attrib works the same as the
file-permissions (in my experience).  I didn't put it, but since you
are iterating over a list, you can flag files you can't modify.  Also,
you may want certain files to retain some of their other, 'default'
file permissions (attrib changes only what you put).  This is what I
meant about being careful about changing fps.  Excellent point,
though.