How many languages features are available for OO support?

Byron Hammond byronh at bigpond.net.au
Fri May 17 07:02:29 EDT 2002

To what extent does Python support OO?

I know it has [multiple] inheritance and polymorphism etc, but to what
extent does
the language accomodate this and other OO concepts?

Does Python support the notion of an abstract class or an interface through
the
use of language features?

I ask this because not only do I want certain design decisions to be clear
when
reading the code, but I also want to make debugging easier for myself.

I realize I can still implement the things I want to without the use of
keywords etc,
but for me, it is important I do what my design allows for, not what I want
to.
:-)

Thanks
Byron