PMW: HistoryText.py locks up occasionally

Tom Wiencko tew at wiencko.com
Tue May 21 20:35:56 EDT 2002

I am having some problems with the HistoryText widget in PMW.  Sooner
or later (usually after less than a dozen tries) it locks up when
exiting.  I do not even have to exercise the code, just load the
demo, and press the "Exit" button (which implies that it is really an
underlying tk/tcl bug I would assume).

I am running this on a Windows 98SE machine, with python 2.1 and tk/tcl
8.3, PMW 0.8.5.  I experience the problem running the DOS command line
version of Python, when invoked from a Windows python interpreter it
seems to work OK.

Has anybody seen this problem and know what to do?  Or can you
give me some hints on how to diagnose it (I can reproduce it at will).

Further investigation shows that the Windows module "Winoldap" appears
to be getting stuck.  Killing that process seems to unstick the DOS
window.

Ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Tom
Tom Wiencko                                              tew at wiencko.com
President - Wiencko & Associates, Inc.                    (404) 255-2330
Telecom Consulting & Project Development -- Wireline, Wireless, Internet