Multibyte Character Surport for Python

Neil Hodgson nhodgson at bigpond.net.au
Sat May 11 19:56:21 EDT 2002

Chris Liechti:
> >> true, but how i'm supposed to use the nice chinese module which uses
> >> class names i can't even type on my keyboard?
> i know i've played around with it. but that does not change the fact that
> i'm still unable to type a specific character because i don't know any
> chinese at all. all i could do is copy&paste of such names...

   For the specific need of using a Chinese module, copy and paste seems a
reasonable method. Further, autocompletion should then make it easy to use
further identifiers, although its my fault that the autocompletion in some
editors doesn't cope with Chinese (caused by wanting to have common code on
Windows 9x and NT and Windows 9x doesn't have wide character list boxes).

   Neil