get/set

Greg Weeks weeks at vitus.scs.agilent.com
Tue May 14 19:18:15 EDT 2002

Greg Weeks (weeks at vitus.scs.agilent.com) wrote:
: PS: As for the slew of additional possibilities mentioned in the previous
: paragraph: <sarcasm>Python is still nicer than Perl, so it is of the utmost
: importance that more constructs be added to allow us to do the same things
: (or marginally different things) in new ways.  We should strive to make our
: 2.2 code as unique and foreign to 1.5.2 style as humanly possible.  More
: constructs!  Terser code!  TIMTOWTDI!</sarcasm>

Okay, I take it all back.  The very day that I write the above, I find
myself missing a get method for lists analogous to the get method for
dictionaries.  Obviously, then, TIMTOWTDI isn't all bad.  *Too much*
TIMTOWTDI is bad.

So what is too much?  I do sense out in the world an endless pressure for
more, more, more; and that is what I react against.  But I haven't actually
taken the time to evaluate Python as seriously as I'd like to.  (I can't.)
So, as I said, I take it all back.

Greg