Tkinter Configuration

Eric Brunel eric.brunel at pragmadev.com
Tue May 14 05:41:41 EDT 2002

Bohr, Mike wrote:
> Ohhh, I realy hate days like this...
> I've no _tkinter<something>.so . Where can I get it?

There is no _tkinter<something>.so required, just libtcl<something>.so and
libtk<something>.so. If these are not present on your system, it is quite
strange, as these libraries are included in many distributions. Maybe you
can install them afterwards? Sorry: as I told you, I don't know the SuSe
distro so I can't help you there... But you'll need these libraries to be
able to use Tkinter.

If all else fails, you can get the sources for tcl and tk at:
http://tcl.sourceforge.net/
They should compile without problem on any Linux box.

HTH
--
- Eric Brunel <eric.brunel at pragmadev.com> -