System integration using Python: is it possible ?

Eduard Smirnov Ed.Smirnov at mail.ee
Sun May 12 09:13:17 EDT 2002

Hi, Python’s peoples
Your help in the answer to the following question is necessary for my diplom
thesis: I consider that to integrate among themselves large systems is
possible and much easier using scripting language (e.g. Python) than with
system’s programming language (e.g. C++).
Under the term “integration” I mean
* automation of operations of one system above other, which was performed
manually before automation,
* carry of results of one system into other (especially at a level of the
data),
* creation of the applications using simultaneously a functions of several
systems (at the API level).
Your comments, agree and not agree answers, are welcomed. If you have
experience of integration of the large program systems with the help of
scripting languages or some experience of using scripting language instead
of system’s programming language for creation of the programs, please write
to me about the purposes and reached outcomes.

If it is possible copy your answer to my e-mail.
Beforehand thank you.

Eduard.Smirnov at mail.ee
Tallinn Technical University (http://www.ttu.ee)