Low level memory management

Andrew MacIntyre andymac at bullseye.apana.org.au
Thu May 23 06:04:40 EDT 2002

On Wed, 22 May 2002, Lorenzo Bolognini wrote:

> is there a way to manipulate at a low level memory in Python (as in C) ?
>
> I know that Python wasn't thought to do that but there maybe a Python module
> that acts as a wrapper around some low level functions written in C.

Depends what you want.  Python is capable of bit twiddling, and there's
also the struct module for packing/unpacking raw byte sequences into more
usable Python datatypes.

E-mail: andymac at bullseye.apana.org.au  | Snail: PO Box 370
        andymac at pcug.org.au            |        Belconnen  ACT  2616
Web:    http://www.andymac.org/        |        Australia