Grabbing data from my motherboard thermistor?

Gustavo Cordova gcordova at hebmex.com
Fri May 24 13:07:38 EDT 2002

> Is it possible using Python to grab the temperature from the
> cpu thermistor
> on my motherboard? What module would i use/hunt for? If poss
> i wanna code a
> heat monitor.
>
> --g

You need a device driver to read the data from the thermistor;
that driver must make that information available to userland
programs; which in turn should be able to read the info from
some kind of device file or pseudo-file (like unix's "/dev/*" files)

Also, with more information, better help would be available:
What OS? What Motherboard brand and model? etc tc...

-gus