A Jython question

Ype Kingma ykingma at accessforall.nl
Thu May 23 17:01:40 EDT 2002

Matias GUIJARRO wrote:

> Hello ! :-)
>
> I'm relatively new to Python, and I'm seduced by the possibilities of adding
> a Python scripting engine in my Java app, so I tried Jython a few days ago.
>
> I'd like to have a Jython interpreter "textbox" in the GUI of my Java app ;
> for the moment the only thing I managed to do is having a terminal window
> with a Jython interpreter while my app is running.

> I couldn't find much help in the Jython documentation, nor tutorials on the
> web,
> so I hope some of the Python gurus here will be able to help me !

Have a look at the Console.py file in the swing demo directory
of your jython installation. It is a somewhat basic jython command line interpreter
running in swing. Add your application's jar to the class path or python path
and you should be able to call your java application from this jython console.

> Thanks in advance,
> Matias GUIJARRO.

Have fun,
Ype