Low level python

Matthew Sherborne miracle at paradise.net.nz
Thu May 2 17:13:30 EDT 2002

I've been thinking of writing a device driver in python.

Some people say this is ridiculous.

I used psyco to improve the speed, and now have a program that does the
device driver's job (a proprietry touchscreen driver) in user mode.

Now, I have no idea how to make the python exe or dll run in kernel mode. I
wonder if there are some special api calls that need to made.

I'm downloading WinDriver. I hope this can help me.

Does anyone not think this is a crazy thing to do?

Why not use python for a device driver?

I just see it as python dll is the driver, and the .py file are like
permanent configuration file for it.

Comments Appreciated
Matthew Sherborne