#ifdef like question.

Chris Liechti cliechti at gmx.net
Mon May 13 15:08:12 EDT 2002

"Roman Yakovenko" <romany at actimize.com> wrote in
news:mailman.1021311894.5989.python-list at python.org:

> Hi. I have 2 different implementation of the same class \ function.
> I'd like to use implementation according to some future existence.
> (For example generators).
> How can I choose between 2 implementations in run time( not in install
> time )?

such thing are called factories. e.g. you could define a function which
returns an implementation depending on its args.

def factory(x):
    	if x:
    	    	return Class1()
    	else:
    	    	return Class2()

>>> obj = factory(1)

you can also return the class objects and instantiate later, whatever

chris

PS: you don't need to post in HTML also ASCII is just fine...

--
Chris <cliechti at gmx.net>