Meta: Shibboleth (was: RE: Off Topic, But List Related)

Oleg Broytmann phd at phd.pp.ru
Sun May 26 01:40:51 EDT 2002

On Sat, May 25, 2002 at 10:18:12PM -0400, Matt Curtin wrote:
> Shibboleth performs a series of tests to detect whether a message has
> come from an "insider" (someone legitimately subscribed to one of the
> lists).

   In Python community it would be hard to enforce, as there is mail<=>news
gateway, and those who have created the policiy don't want to put
additional burden of subscribing for the news users. To some extent I agree
with the policy; Shibboleth's policy "subscriber only" prevents you being
spmmed by putting additionl burden to other users.

Oleg.
     Oleg Broytmann            http://phd.pp.ru/            phd at phd.pp.ru