Python vs. Perl, which is better to learn?

Cliff Wells logiplexsoftware at earthlink.net
Thu May 9 14:24:28 EDT 2002

On Thu, 09 May 2002 12:56:43 -0500
David J. Ritchie wrote:

> > Actually, I have a different point: why are you moving blocks of code?
>
> It's a matter of writing in which I move from a rough draft to a final
document
> (whether code or natural language).

I've encountered this myself (redundant code that could be made into a
function, or code that has a more general purpose and should be made into a
library), so moving blocks of code is not uncommon for me.  Also, the
occasional "borrowing" of code from an outside source makes indentation a
consideration.

XEmacs' shift-region-left/right (C-c <, C-c >) and untabify work well for this
sort of thing (in python-mode).

--
Cliff Wells, Software Engineer
Logiplex Corporation (www.logiplex.net)