Executing a system command

jb jblazi at hotmail.com
Thu May 23 02:39:21 EDT 2002

Chris Liechti wrote:

> jb <jblazi at hotmail.com> wrote in news:3cec0fa1_1 at news2.newsgroups.com:
>
>> I should like to execute the bash command
>>
>> (cd prefix;latex file.tex;dvips file)
>>
>> Can I do that with the os.system function?
>
> i think you can.
>
>>It seems I am having diffculties with that.
>
> then descibe that problem so that we can help :-)

I create the Latex source and when I want to compile it the Latex
compilation stops and an asteriks appears on the screen:

xxx
xxxxxx
*

But the latex file seems to be in order and when I do the same procedure
from bash, everything is in order.
When I execute the same command from Python, that is I have
os.system('(cd ...)')
the compilation stops.

--
Janos Blazi

"Il n'y a guère dans la vie qu'une préoccupation grave: c'est la mort;"
(Dumas)