Browsing a big mailbox offline

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Wed May 29 07:31:41 EDT 2002

    Sebastien> I'm looking for a convenient way for browsing *offline* the
    Sebastien> marvellous comp.lang.python archive (a nice 397 Mb mailbox
    Sebastien> file available at
    Sebastien> http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/ )

    Sebastien> I found no news client capable of reading/importing a raw
    Sebastien> unix mailbox.  Does anybody know a news client capable of
    Sebastien> this ?  (platform : Windows)

If it's a unix mailbox file, why not use a mail reader to browse it?
Contrary to view most unix people have of Windows mail software, I imagine
there are actually some decent choices available.  Eudora comes to mind.
You can probably also use VM under Emacs or XEmacs (though you might want to
split the file into chunks of 20MB or so unless you have gobs and gobs of
memory).

--
Skip Montanaro (skip at pobox.com - http://www.mojam.com/)
"Excellant Written and Communications Skills required" - seen on chi.jobs