Building Python on Cray T3E

Mark Hadfield m.hadfield at niwa.co.nz
Tue May 21 18:52:04 EDT 2002

I can report success building another module on a Cray T3E

Previously, compilation of md5module.c and md5c.c failed because symbol
UINT4 was not defined. Cray T3Es *do* have an unsigned 4-byte integer data
type (short), but the code in md5.h wasn't finding it. So I changed it to
the following

/* UINT4 defines a four byte word */
#if SIZEOF_LONG == 4
typedef unsigned long int UINT4;
#elif SIZEOF_SHORT == 4
typedef unsigned short int UINT4;
#elif INT_MAX == 2147483647
typedef unsigned int UINT4;
#endif

Now the md5 module is built and passes its tests.

I'll enter this in the SourceForge bug tracker.

--
Mark Hadfield            "Ka puwaha et tai nei, Hoea tatou"
m.hadfield at niwa.co.nz
National Institute for Water and Atmospheric Research (NIWA)