Message queueing

Etienne Labuschagne ELabuschagne at gims.com
Thu May 2 07:39:51 EDT 2002

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply. I have looked at Pyro, but since the system is going
to be very loosely coupled I will need features such as guaranteed message
delivery that queues offer.  This means that if a producer creates a message
and puts it in the queue while a message consumer is not online, it should
keep the message until the consumer comes online.  The queue then delivers
the message.  If the queue machine itself dies, then the message will still
not be lost, because messages are stored in persistant storage.

Out of what I have read on Pyro, it does not go as far as this (although it
will automatically try to reconnect when a connection is broken) - pleas
correct me if I am wrong.

Regards
Etienne