Ann: Stackless Limbo Dancing Works Fine!

Fernando Pereira pereira at cis.upenn.edu
Sat May 18 11:27:21 EDT 2002

On 5/17/02 9:30 PM, in article
mailman.1021685435.8672.python-list at python.org, "Christian Tismer"
<tismer at tismer.com> wrote:
> - There isn't yet an ALT/PRI ALT construct like in OCCAM/ALEF/LIMBO.
> This is most sophisticated and very hard to implement correctly! I will
> try to find out how to do this the best way, during my stay at IronPort,
> from May 18th to May 29.
I was once involved in designing a channel facility with an ALT-equivalent,
and I found the following paper very useful:

Luca Cardelli. An implementation model of rendezvous communication. S.D.
Brookes, A.W. Roscoe and G. Winskel. Seminar on Concurrency, Carnegie-Mellon
University, Pittsburgh, PA, July 1984. Lecture Notes in Computer Science,
Vol. 197, Springer-Verlag, 1985, ISBN 3-540-15670-4. pp 449-457
<http://research.microsoft.com/Users/luca/Papers/Rendezvous.pdf>

-- F