Python Image Library Installation Problem

dix lucaf_lucaf at FILTROhotmail.com
Thu May 16 11:14:22 EDT 2002

Hi to all again,
I am trying to install the PIL binary distribution for windows.
I downloaded the installation file and launched it.
It created the directory c:\py22.
My python installation is in c:\python22.
I copied the DLLs from c:\py22\DLLs to c:\python22\DLLs.
I tested the installation as in the PIL handbook in Idle entering just the
command:

import Image

The system returns me the following error:
>>> import Image
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<pyshell#0>", line 1, in ?
    import Image
ImportError: No module named Image

What should I do to correctly install PIL and test the installation?
None of the provided examples work, because of the same error.
Thanks for any suggestion!!

dix