Off Topic, But List Related -- Tired of Getting Spammed Via

Peter F. Ferris python at gbronline.com
Sat May 25 12:27:00 EDT 2002

: -----Original Message-----
: From: Sean Perry [CLEARTEXT E-MAIL ADDRESS DELETED!]On Behalf Of Sean
'Shaleh'
: Perry
:
: On 25-May-2002 Peter F. Ferris wrote:
<SNIP>
: > that I believe can help minimize spam.  Even if only a few
: readers are being
: > spammed, steps could and SHOULD (IMHO) be taken to minimize or
: PREVENT it.
: >
:
: Most likely they are eating your address from either a) subscribing to eat
: addresses, b) web crawling the online archive or c) the usenet postings.

So far so good. Nothing new there.

: public lists lead to spam.  You get used to it or you try to
: control it coming
: in.  Changing this list won't help.

"Get used to it"?!?!? You're kidding...

I beg to differ.  Perhaps you didn't read about Shibboleth.  Clear text
addresses do not appear anywhere in the messages unless the (l)user writes
it in the message body.

Again, for your weekend reading enjoyment, may I recommend:

Learn more about Shibboleth at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/shibboleth/
Read a Shibboleth White Paper at: http://www.interhack.net/pubs/shibboleth/

Have a good one,

--Pete