float separationn

Wolfgang Draxinger wdraxinger at darkstargames.de
Wed May 15 17:58:46 EDT 2002

This is not really C/C++ related, but I think this is also a place to ask:
I'm currently working on a compressed 3D Object interchange format.
With C/C++ its no problem to raw-write the IEEE standard floats the data
consists of into files. Now I'm writing some export scripts for blender
in python. My problem is, that the python float object doesn't provide a
raw-data access. What I need now, is some possibility to construct the
IEEE float format from data returned by the standard math functions.
I think frexp() is a good start, however this still returns a float
value. I'd like to have the raw bits...

Some ideas?

Thanks
Wolfgang Draxinger