Trying to use "Programming Python" (Lutz), getting module errors.

Rob Lineberger robline at purdue.edu
Mon May 6 11:22:56 EDT 2002

> I would recommand you start learning Python by reading "Learning
> Python" (also by Mark Lutz & David Ascher), not "Programming Python"
> ... :)

Sorry, it was late and I was befuddled.  I am indeed using the book
"Learning Python".

> However if you put your spam.py in C:\Python22\Lib then typing 'import
> spam' inside Pythonwin / IDLE should work ...

Then I am stumped.  This is what I did (From memory, so if my code is
wrong please refer to the book).  Page 12 says something like:

Did so and it printed Hello World!.

Then the book says to open a text editor and create a module, for
example myfile.py looks like this:

title="A Fish Called Wanda"

I created the above file and saved it as myfile.py into the
C:\Python22\Lib directory.  I went to said directory and confirmed it
was there.  double clicked it and a black DOS window flashed briefly
on the screen.

Then I opened pythonwin and typed:

Got an error that read something like this:

"No such module exists"

Thanks again for any light you can shed.