Python in type memory/embedded systems

Eric S. Johansson esj at harvee.billerica.ma.us
Fri May 10 17:22:42 EDT 2002

my question to the group is to find out if there is any movement
towards making python work in tight memory/embedded systems
environments and if there isn't, if I was able to make such a change
to 2.2, what would take to make the changes acceptable to the ghods of
python?

by the way, I did do my research on embedded system python and I
haven't seen much except in various discussions about hard vs. soft
real-time etc.  That is not currently my concern.  I am mostly
concerned about shrinking the python footprint so that it will fit
into a 0.5 to 0.75 megabit footprint including various libraries for
networking, etc..

---eric