Embedded Python script debugger???

Dan L. Pierson dan at control.com
Fri May 17 11:30:55 EDT 2002

"Neil Hodgson" <nhodgson at bigpond.net.au> writes:

> Salman Khilji:
>
>    I don't think there is anything available that bundles this up neatly for
> you. If you are on Windows then you could use PythonWin as the basis for
> your app but that will be quite a bit of work. You could look at HAP

We did this around four years ago.  It was indeed quite a bit of work
but we cheated and hired Mark Hammond to do the hard PythonWin parts
(well worth the cost by the way).

If I had to do it over again I'd almost certainly write the app as a
Python program with lots of C++ extensions.  Doing the entire top
level of the GUI in Python would have produced and easier to work on
and more consistent result with no noticable slowdown.  There were a
couple of large custom ActiveX controls involved -- those would have
remained in C++.

Dan Pierson