how to write function that returns function

Fernando Rodríguez frr at easyjob.net
Wed May 15 14:57:51 EDT 2002

On Tue, 14 May 2002 17:18:17 -0600, "Bjorn Pettersen" <BPettersen at NAREX.com>
wrote:

>> From: Paul Graham [mailto:spam at bugbear.com]
>>
>> I am not a Python expert, and I'm hoping someone
>> can tell me how in Python to write a function
>> of one argument x that returns a function of one
>> argument y that returns x+y.
>
>It's bad form to ask for help on your homework problems, after all *YOU*
>are the one who is supposed to learn something...

True, but personally I consider far more irritating this pedantic attitude
that assumes that _all_ questions must be homework assignments. This is
unfortunately common in comp.lang.scheme and comp.lang.lisp. Let's keep it
away from comp.lang.python.

FYI: http://www.bugbear.com/bio.html