Result of I need your experience - classification and comparison of languages

Yvan Radenac yvan.radenac at equant.com
Wed May 8 06:01:30 EDT 2002

Alwyn <alwyn at alwyn.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:<alwyn-014BC5.23215607052002 at news-text.blueyonder.co.uk>...
> In article <b9660815.0205070928.79f86983 at posting.google.com>,
>  yvan.radenac at equant.com (Yvan Radenac) wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > This is the results of the questions i asked few months ago as the
> > post
> > "I need your experience - classification and comparison"
> > The subject of the report is "oriented object languages and their free
> > implementation".
> >
> > First, thank you for your answers.
> >
> > You can find, in french, the report at
> > http://www.cnamoo.net/uv/b5/ftp/mini/radenac.pdf
>
> Many errors and lacunae in the section 'Historique', I'm afraid. For
> instance, you say that Ada was invented by the American DoD. It comes in
> fact from a team under the direction of Jean Ichbiah, working for the
> French firm, CII Honeywell-Bull. And I thought Ruby was devised by a
> certain Yukihiro Matsumoto. :-)
>

> Alwyn

Hi,
For the "Historique",
i used a paper on the NET which said that it was Andy Hunt. As i
respect the copyright, i let it as it. But i will add Yukihiro
Matsumoto as you can read page 37.
For Ada, it's not so simple. The DoD asked for a new language.
Bull+Honeywell won. But DoD chose this language, with it's own
criterias to select it.
On my own, it's not false, and not really right too. I will complete
this.

Thank you for your attentive reading.
Regards,
Yvan