sys.argv and while loop

Sean 'Shaleh' Perry shalehperry at attbi.com
Wed May 8 13:31:51 EDT 2002

On 08-May-2002 Julia Bell wrote:
> Thanks for all of the advice.  I'm converting from perl, so I'm not used to
> thinking about the difference between a string and a number in general.

A big difference between python and perl is the design choice between explicit
and implicit.

Many times perl will "do the right thing(tm)" for you and without telling you.
Sometimes you do not want this behaviour.  Python generally does what you tell
it to.

This requires a slightly different approach but you get used to it (and many of
us never liked the implicitness of perl which is what led us to python).