Using nntplib

jb jblazi at hotmail.com
Thu May 30 12:44:10 EDT 2002

Steve Holden wrote:
>     http://pydish.holdenweb.com/pwp/chp5notes.htm
>
> As far as informing the GUI thread about what's been received so far,
> whether you use LIST or XOVER perhaps you could just put the headers onto
> a Queue (see that Queue module) and letting the GUI thread take them off.
> That should ease up any critical-section issues.

Thx, this sounds intresting. But I should have to change nntplib, should I
not? That I should use queues, is obvious. Should I insert enqueueing (?)
at the position I marked in my first posting?

Maybe the best solution would be to use QSockets (as I work with PyQt). Then
I can use Qt signaling in a very natural way. I could create a new,
asynchronous version of nntplib, that works with Qt signals (and this seems
easy as nntplib is nicely documented and clear). What do you think of this?

TIA,
--
Janos Blazi

"Il n'y a guère dans la vie qu'une préoccupation grave: c'est la mort;"
(Dumas)