Tkinker (sp?)

Michael Bauers me at michaelbauers.com
Tue May 28 23:06:21 EDT 2002

I typed some Tk code in that had a quit button.  In fact it was from the
tutorial to Tk that is in the docs that ship with Python*.

The quit button seemed to kill the 'app', but left the window up.  Then I
clicked it a few more times and it shut down all open Idle windows.  I was
running the script from an open window in idle using control-F5.

Can anyone explain the behavior I was seeing?

*  (which made learning Python SO much easier than some other languages I
played with in the past - thanks to all who contributed!)