NEVER MIND!

Delaney, Timothy tdelaney at avaya.com
Wed May 8 19:52:15 EDT 2002

> From: Tim Hammerquist [mailto:tim at vegeta.ath.cx]
>
> Your reply (Subject: Re: NEVER MIND!), however, did _not_ show up as a
> reply to either, since it completely lacked References: header.  As a
> result, replies you make to messages often spawn entirely new threads
> under a strict, reference-based threading system, even though
> threading
> by Subject: header still works.  Because of this, unless I disable

My apologies - since my mail client (Outlook - mandated by the company) does
usually manage to thread correctly even when the subjects have changed
(grouping by "Conversation", I presumed it was using References: to do so
(although I've noticed a lot more split threads recently with the same
subjects). I should have known Outlook would not be so intelligent though.

* Tim hangs his head in shame

Tim Delaney