Upper memory limit

Siegfried Gonzi siegfried.gonzi at kfunigraz.ac.at
Tue May 14 16:35:25 EDT 2002

holger krekel wrote:

> > /home/gonzi/Python-2.2.1/...
> >
> > and my Numeric-21.0 resides in:
> >
> > /home/gonzi/Python-2.2.1/Numeric-21.0
> >

> > but after trying to install the Numeric stuff::
> >
> > python setup.py install
>  ^^^^^^^^
>
> are you sure that this points to *your* installation?

It is a hard day, and maybe it is time for me to go and die.

I can compile Numeric now with the option:

python setup.py --prefix=/home/gonzi/Python-2.2/

But I cannot import it in Python because it cannot be found.

But the above is not new to me; I have wasted half of my computer life
with Unix installation problems. Nobody should wonder why Billy Boy is
rich.

S. Gonzi