OT: mail-news gateway question

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Sun May 5 14:27:50 EDT 2002

How does the python news/mail gateway work?  Somebody recently
told me that such gateways work by making the group moderated
and having the "moderator" e-mail address set to the mailing
list.  Is this true?

Looking at the headers in c.l.p, I don't see any "approved:"
headers, and the NNTP-posting host seems to vary from posting
to posting.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Yow! Am I JOGGING
                                  at               yet??