Creating C modules for Python under Cygwin

Gerhard Häring gerhard at bigfoot.de
Wed May 8 11:47:24 EDT 2002

* Jason Tishler <jason at tishler.net> [2002-05-08 10:11 -0400]:
> Martin,
>
> On Wed, May 08, 2002 at 03:50:18PM +0200, Martin v. Löwis wrote:
> > I wonder whether it is possible to compile Python in a Mingw
> > configuration, though.
>
> Appears so:
>
>     http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2002-March/020741.html

Unfortunately, the switch to a new autoconf broke my efforts. I'll look
how well it fares with the new mingw snapshot.

It would be relatively easy to write custom Makefiles for mingw, but the
autoconf stuff is really giving me a hard time (I'm a newbie there).
Currently, when I run make, I get an infinite recursion: make keeps
calling itself for some obscure reason.

Gerhard
--
mail:   gerhard <at> bigfoot <dot> de       registered Linux user #64239
web:    http://www.cs.fhm.edu/~ifw00065/    OpenPGP public key id AD24C930