Python install on Windows

David LeBlanc whisper at oz.net
Wed May 15 03:35:36 EDT 2002

Look for this line:
"All others should download Python-2.2.1.tgz, the source tarball, and do the
usual "gunzip; tar; configure; make" dance."

on http://www.python.org/2.2.1/

I agree that it's not well called out. It's also not mentioned that the VC
build projects are included in the tarball (which can be unpacked by WinZip)
and the actual build instructions are different on windows then those
mentioned above; see the documentation included in the tgz file in
PCbuild/readme.txt.

David LeBlanc
Seattle, WA USA