Python Enterprise Objects

Cameron Laird claird at starbase.neosoft.com
Thu May 9 12:23:41 EDT 2002

In article <23891c90.0205090751.5f4f40a9 at posting.google.com>,
Paul Boddie <paul at boddie.net> wrote:
			.
>J2EE is so many things, but I'll try and summarise them instead of
>pointing you back to the Sun J2EE site, which is almost as
>badly-designed as Sun's other sites.
			.
		[more description, all
		of it excellent]
			.
			.
>Blatant Web site promotion:
>
>  http://www.boddie.org.uk/python/web_frameworks.html
>
>At some point, I'll work on and upload the Python vs. J2EE comparison
>document I was writing.
>
>Paul

Listen to Paul.  He's right on target.

There is an addendum I think imperative:  J2EE's market
is IT managers, not developers like us.  'Least, that's
the impression almost all of J2EE gives me, and a far
more parsimonious explanation of the facts than any
alternative.  So, as even Zope has only a primitive
marketing plan, in comparison, there's no real Python
equivalent to J2EE.

J2EE does have some neat technology inside.  It can be
quite hard getting to it, though.
--

Cameron Laird <Cameron at Lairds.com>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net