Importing Self

Salim Zayat zayats at blue.seas.upenn.edu
Wed May 22 18:22:58 EDT 2002

Hey there. I am running into a weird sort of problem.  I had two
versions of the same tree-drawing code, a module to be used by another
program.  I made some corrections to the second.  Now, for some reason,
it is getting hung up in some stupid error.
I made a class named Error in my file.  In the first version, I can
merely say :

isinstance(e, Error)

and it executes the statement fine.  However when I try the same in the
second file, I get an Exception.  But, when I import the module itself,
then say:

isinstance(path.filename.Error)

it works fine.  Why is this?  What are these sort of problems indicituve of?

Salim