Comments

Fernando Pérez fperez528 at yahoo.com
Wed May 8 19:47:55 EDT 2002

Karl Pflästerer wrote:

>> ... Is there a way to make emacs ignore lines that wouldn't be
>> considered comments by the language when wrapping?
>
> I changed the value of `paragraph-start'. I did it like this:
>
> (add-hook 'python-mode-hook
>           (lambda ()
>               (setq paragraph-start "[ \t\n\f#]")))
>
> "[ \t\n\f]" is the default for this variable.
>
> bye
>    KP

THANK YOU!!!!!!

I'd been hating life on this little thing for a long time (well, never
intensely enough to really bother looking for a solution ;).

I've used emacs for years, but I've just never bothered to learn enough on how
to configure it to solve the few little quirks it still has for my taste.

But this one was a fairly nagging one for me,  so I _greatly_ appreciate your
solution (I'm glad I stumled on this thread!)

cheers,

f.