distutils and gettext

Jiri Baum jiri at baum.com.au
Thu May 30 00:50:38 EDT 2002

Hello,

how does one deal with gettext translations in a program distributed with
distutils?

The gettext documentation mostly assumes that this is handled by automake,
and distutils doesn't mention it at all. The best I can find is mentions of
a wrong-looking `usual' directory for Linux...

The program is currently distributed using distutils and has just been
translated. It requires python 2 for other reasons, but it should run on
both Linux and Windows.

Surely somebody somewhere has done this, but I can't seem to find it...

Jiri
--
Jiri Baum <jiri at baum.com.au>           http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jirib
  MAT LinuxPLC project --- http://mat.sf.net --- Machine Automation Tools