Returning Fault instances in xmlrpc

Magnus Lie Hetland mlh at vier.idi.ntnu.no
Sat May 4 06:14:07 EDT 2002

>From skimming the standard docs and the source of xmlrpclib I get the
impression that a Fault expression should be raised (in the client)
when a Fault instance is returned from the server... But as far as I
can see, this doesn't happen. However, if I run loads directly on a
dumps representation of a fault object, the correct Fault exception
*is* raised (as the docstring says).

If I raise a Fault exception in the server, then it is also raised on
the client side -- is this the way to go? (Will then a proper fault
value be returned to non-Python clients?)

(BTW: What happens when I return a Fault instance is that the
unmarshalled value is a dictionary with the fault member keys/values.)

--
Magnus Lie Hetland                                  The Anygui Project
http://hetland.org                                  http://anygui.org