Grabbing data from my motherboard thermistor?

Gustavo Cordova gcordova at hebmex.com
Mon May 27 10:37:44 EDT 2002

> >You can probably find the port address(es) either in the mobo
documentation
> >or via something in Window's "settings" dialog.
>
> The MB manual reports this as I/O address 294H to 297H    :)
>
> --g

One thing's for sure: you can't access that from pure python,
unless the info is presented as userland accesible info by
either a driver, or by using a C module.

In C it'd be trivial, simply create a 32bit integer (4 bytes)
by succesively reading each port address and lshifting 8 bits;
another would be to create an array of 4 bytes, and pass that
as a pythin tuple, which can then be used as you wish.

Good luck :-)

-gus