intermittent MySQLdb import problem on Solaris 7

John poster14 at lopan.dccs.upenn.edu
Mon May 13 14:42:26 EDT 2002

In <abomt8$ds2$1 at netnews.upenn.edu> John <poster14 at lopan.dccs.upenn.edu> writes:

>This test program sometimes works when invoked via the web server via
>CGI, but most often it doesn't:

>    #!/usr/local/bin/python
>    import cgi
>    try:
>        import MySQLdb
>        cgi.test()
>    except:
>        print "Content-type: text/html\n"
>        cgi.print_exception()

>When it doesn't work, here's the exception:

>    Traceback (most recent call last):

>    File "./bad.cgi", line 7, in main
>        import MySQLdb
>      File "./MySQLdb/__init__.py", line 27, in ?
>        import _mysql
>    ImportError: ld.so.1: /usr/local/bin/python: fatal: libgcc_s.so.1:
>    open failed: No such file or directory

>It ALWAYS works when run from the command line. The library file it can't

I just got word from the ISP hosting this CGI. It turns out that their
web server is actually two web servers serving via a load balancer.

One of the hosts (the one I've been logging into all these times) is fine.
However, the other one lacks a /usr/local/lib/libgcc_s.so.1.

D'oh!

I've asked them to fix the issue for me. I can only hope they will.