Problem building PySQLite under Windows

Andrew MacIntyre andymac at bullseye.apana.org.au
Mon May 27 06:11:45 EDT 2002

On Sun, 26 May 2002, Max wrote:

> I'm playing with PySQLite, but i can't build or install it.
> I use Python 2.2.1 on win32 (Windows XP Pro), and PySQLite 0.1.2.
> The error i receive is the following (i have no "cl.exe" anywhere in my HD.
> Is this a "c" compiler, i suppose...?)

{...}

> cl.exe /c /nologo /Ox /MD /W3 /GX -Ic:\sqlite\include -Ic:\python22\include

Yes, this is a C compiler - I believe that this is the command line
Microsoft compiler which is effectively a free download (in the
absence of SKS providing the info, you'll need to google for more info
because I can't give you any details).

At this stage of its life, PySQLite appears to be a source only
distribution (I've d/l the source myself, but have yet to play...).

E-mail: andymac at bullseye.apana.org.au  | Snail: PO Box 370
        andymac at pcug.org.au            |        Belconnen  ACT  2616
Web:    http://www.andymac.org/        |        Australia