Newbie: finding the key/index of the min/max element

Alex Martelli aleax at aleax.it
Thu May 2 06:14:37 EDT 2002

Martijn Faassen wrote:
> narrow-minded fools, no matter what nationality you are). Though I prefer
> 'pythoneer', which is its own weird suffix, and it comes from French;
> another latin language, just like Canadian!

"Pythmen" is better, although one needs some Greek (or numerology mania)
to get the joke -- and those who don't get it might believe it wrongfully
discriminates against the women in the community. much as some do for
"history" (ignoring the Greek root and imagining a gender-biased Anglo-
Saxon derivation that is of course totally fictitious).

Alex