YACC grammar for Python

François Pinard pinard at iro.umontreal.ca
Sun May 5 09:08:01 EDT 2002

[David Pereira]

> I was wondering where I could get a YACC grammar for Python.

I think I got one, two or three weeks ago, for my `Topy' project[1].
It is written for PLY, not YACC, but they are quite compatible, it would
be a simple editing job to get the YACC grammar out of doc-strings.  A few
conflicts remain, which I did not find time to address.  I have to go now,
but I'll make another `Topy' snapshot later today, so you can grab it.

[Martin v. Loewis]

> you just need a scanner that generates the proper INDENT and DEDENT tokens.

Which `Topy' also has, in case it helps.  Other projects surely have it too.

[1] This was before the Great Emergencies fell on my shoulders, but my
shoulders should be free again within a few days, hopefully :-).